Zapier is a web-based integration platform that allows for pushing events from one public application to another.
CloudMonix integrates with Zapier by pushing notifications to any Zapier, so that Zapier can in turn push those notifications to potentially hundreds of other apps on their integration list. Just like with other types of notifications, you are able to control what resources, resource groups and mininum severities are sent to Zapier.
Three general steps to integrate CloudMonix with Zapier
- Use the CloudMonix-Zapier Invite link to start the process on Zapir side and create two or three new Zaps (for: Alert ON, Alert OFF, and optionally Action execution)
- Setup a new Integration definition in CloudMonix to Zapier
- Tell CloudMonix which notifications should be sent to Zapier
Detailed steps to integrate CloudMonix with Zapier
- CloudMonix-Zapier integration is currently in beta and not visible thru regular Zapier search. In order to see it, first click the invite link. Then you'll be able to find CloudMonix.
- Create a new Zap and use CloudMonix as a Trigger app (not Action).
Follow Zapier process and create two or three Zaps: for Alert ON, Alert OFF, and Actions. Copy URLs that you are provided for each of the Zaps.
- For each of the three Zaps, setup an Action, that pushes CloudMonix notification to another system.
- In CloudMonix, create a Zapier integration and provide the three URLs that you saved from the Zaps.
- Press Test button to ensure that CloudMonix can successfully publish to Zapier. If everything is set up correctly, you should see a message similar to one shown below.
- In the Notifications screen (Account Settings > Notifications) create a new rule for sending notifications from CloudMonix to Zapier. Decide what information will be posted to Zapier by adjusting the Minimum Severity value and optionally disabling certain types of notifications. Learn more about Notification Management here.