ServiceNow is a popular cloud-based service management product used by Service Providers worldwide.
CloudMonix integrates with ServiceNow by publishing and resolving ServiceNow incidents when notifications are raised by its monitoring and automation system. Just like with other types of notifications in CloudMonix, you are able to control what resources, resource groups and minimum severities are sent notifications as tickets to Freshdesk.
CloudMonix will publish alerts as incidents to ServiceNow. It will also publish errors from executing Actions. When alert condition is no longer true, CloudMonix will automatically resolve ServiceNow Incident.
Three general steps to integrate CloudMonix with ServiceNow
- Get ServiceNow server URL from ServiceNow portal
- Setup a new Integration definition in CloudMonix to ServiceNow
- Tell CloudMonix which notifications should be sent to ServiceNow
Detailed steps to integrate CloudMonix with ServiceNow
- Navigate to ServiceNow website and take a note of the URL/server name
- Now, navigate to CloudMonix and find Integrations screen under Account Settings
- Click on ServiceNow integration and setup a new definition
- Provide the name for integration, your ServiceNow username/password (the username/password that you are logging into ServiceNow with) and server name (just the name of the server, not full URL)
- Press Test button to ensure that a test incident is successfully published and resolved in ServiceNow.
- Now, the last step is to tell CloudMonix what specific notifications and from what resources need to be published to Freshdesk
- Navigate to Notifications screen under Account Settings in CloudMonix and create a new notification rule that sends notifications from resources to your newly defined ServiceNow Integration. Learn more about Notification Management here.