Integration with ConnectWise provides IT business managers with an effective issue resolution system.
CloudMonix integrates with ConnectWise by publishing and resolving service desk tickets when notifications are raised by its monitoring and automation system. The integration allows for a fine-grained control of what information is sent to ConnectWise. If CloudMonix detects that alert condition is no longer active, it can automatically close the associated event.
Three general steps to integrate CloudMonix with ConnectWise
- Get an API key from ConnectWise
- Setup a new Integration definition in CloudMonix to ConnectWise
- Tell CloudMonix which notifications should be sent to ConnectWise
Detailed steps to integrate CloudMonix with ConnectWise
1. Get an API key from ConnectWise:
- Log in to ConnectWise and navigate to System > Security Roles. Add a new security role by clicking at the plus(+) icon:
- Provide the name for your new security role and save your settings.
- On the next screen Security Modules expand Companies, Service Desk and System sections:
- Replicate role permissions as shown below:
|Companies||Add Level||Edit Level||Delete Level||Inquire Level|
|Service Desk||Add Level||Edit Level||Delete Level||Inquire Level|
|System||Add Level||Edit Level||Delete Level||Inquire Level|
- Navigate to System > Members > API Members and add a new member:
- Fill in the details for your user as required and save your settings. For the Role ID field use the role you created in the previous steps.
For more information about the new user's details screen, please refer to ConnectWise's documentation here.
- Navigate to the API Keys tab and start adding new keys by providing the description:
- Once the settings are saved, the new REST API key pair will be generated.
2. Setup a new integration definition in CloudMonix to ConnectWise:
- In the CloudMonix portal navigate to Account Settings > Integrations
- Select the ConnectWise integration and fill the required details. Use the REST API key pair obtained in the previous step.
- Click the Test button to test your connection. If the connection is successful you will see the success message below the button:
3. Tell CloudMonix which notifications should be sent to ConnectWise:
- in the CloudMonix portal navigate to Account Settings > Notifications and create a new notification rule that sends notifications per the predefined criteria from CloudMonix to ConnectWise.
- Decide what information will be posted to ConnectWise by adjusting the Minimum Severity value and optionally disabling sending certain types of notifications in the Do not Send section. Learn more about Notification Management here.