2016/02/02 - Trigger Actions from the dashboard

New Features

Major - Actions can now be triggered manually from the dashboard

Moderate - New "current job status" metric for Azure Backup Vault monitoring. 

Moderate - Default template for Backup Vault introduced with alerts on failed backups

Issues Resolved

Major - Azure Linux Servers and Azure Storage resources can now be properly added via Add New dialog

Moderate - Moderate performance improvement when loading large dashboards 

Moderate - PowerShell-based metrics should now properly get visualized on dashboards

Moderate - PowerShell-based (VMs) and custom SQL (SQL Azure) metrics should now properly get evaluated in the Alerts and Action expressions

Moderate - Choice of Agent can now be changed after VM has been configured for monitoring

Minor - Azure ARM-based Token credential dialog indicates that it can be added thru Setup Wizard only

1 person likes this

The alerts work! I had a backup fail this morning and I got the CloudMonix notification of the failure.

Thanks!

- Scott

There was a glitch with adding new Linux servers to monitored profile that was resolved. Thanks for encouragement!

Can you elaborate on the "Azure Linux Servers and Azure Storage resources can now be properly added via Add New dialog"? I didn't realize there was a problem.

Looking forward to the "failed backup" alerts (not seeing yet in the template). Brag about this on https://feedback.azure.com/forums/258995-azure-backup-and-scdpm/suggestions/6531898-email-notification-alerts-for-azure-backup !

Login or Signup to post a comment